As an Arkansas Wedding Photographer, I have seen a LOT of great wedding venues, so I thought I’d share my favorite, and in my opinion, the BEST NWA Wedding Venues around. Typically brides and grooms first select a wedding date, then choose their desired venue based on the type of wedding they’re envisioning, and then, the wedding photographer (ME!) is their next selection in the process. So a lot of times, I don’t have a chance to sit down with my awesome couples and give them my opinions (based on previous experiences shooting at some of the greatest and most beautiful wedding venues in Arkansas). For that very reason, I thought it would be a perfect time to share my thoughts on some of the best NWA wedding venues around. I’ve divided this list into Top 6 Non-Barn Venues and Top 4 Barn Venues for your convenience, since most of my clients already have a vision for which style they’re after, and most venues seem to fall into one of these two categories. Traditional (non-barn) wedding venues in Arkansas can range from rustic to modern, but as you’ll see from the list below, they are all great choices for a wedding venue in Arkansas. We are also blessed with some really gorgeous barn venues in Northwest Arkansas as well, and I can’t wait to share my favorite barn venues with you below. Take a look, and if you think I missed a great Arkansas wedding or reception location, make sure to let me know in the comments below!
BEST NWA WEDDING VENUES – TRADITIONAL
- 21C Museum Hotel – Indoor/Outdoor Wedding Venue – Bentonville, AR The 21C Museum Hotel in Bentonville, AR, just off of the town square, is one of my favorite modern wedding venue’s in Northwest Arkansas. They offer stunning indoor and outdoor ceremony and reception spaces, as well as lots of opportunities for gorgeous modern portraits.
- Crystal Bridges – Indoor Wedding Venue, Bentonville, AR Between the stunning and iconic Great Hall, and the various outdoor areas available for your wedding ceremony and venue, Crystal Bridges offers a wide variety of different spaces to fit every need. I love the modern feel of the architecture at Crystal Bridges, as well as the beautifully landscaped outdoor areas as well. Crystal Bridges has so many beautiful spaces for wedding photos, as well as engagement and bridal photos as well.
- Stone Chapel at Matt Lane Farm – Indoor/Outdoor Wedding Venue – Fayetteville, AR Stone Chapel is quickly becoming one of my favorite traditional wedding venues in NWA. In addition to their beautiful chapel, they have a great outdoor patio reception space. The property also offers a wide variety of stunning locations for bridal portraits, engagement photos, and wedding day photography as well. I absoloutely LOVED Claire + Drew’s NWA Wedding held here last year.
- The Ravington – Indoor/Outdoor Wedding Venue – Centerton, AR The Ravington is a brand new venue in Northwest Arkansas, and I am so excited to start photographing weddings there. Centerton is a great little town off the beaten path, and what Eric and Amber have done with this historic building is nothing short of stunning.
- Fairlane Station – Indoor/Outdoor Wedding Venue – Springdale, AR Fairlane Station is a hidden little Arkansas wedding venue gem. Located in downtown Springdale, this eclectic urban space is a wonderful departure from your traditional wedding venue. Your wedding package even comes with the quinessential Fairlane bikes for some great photo opportunities. If you’re looking for something different and unique, with lots of neutral colors and industrial feeling spaces, then this wedding venue is for you!
- Mildred B. Cooper Memorial Chapel – Indoor Wedding Ceremony Venue – Bella Vista, AR Cooper Chapel is easily on of the most breathtaking NWA wedding venues. This treasured jewel of the Ozarks is a stunning work of architecture and a beautiful nod to the captivating nature that surrounds it. The chapel is also surrounded by beautiful forest that is perfect for photos as well! I had the pleasure of shooting Laura + Chad’s Cooper Chapel Wedding last summer.
- St. Catherine’s at Bell Gable (Barn available too) – Indoor/Outdoor Wedding Venue – Fayetteville, AR Like Stone Chapel, this beautiful chapel shines with a historic stone and ivy facade that is simply gorgeous and amazing. This venue has a ton to offer, from a water garden with a water wheel to miniature ponies to a beautiful barn area for receptions.
- The Inn at Carnall Hall – Indoor/Outdoor Wedding Venue – Fayetteville, AR The sophisticated Inn at Carnall Hall is a seriously stylish place to say your vows – Everything is just beautiful, from the guest rooms where brides and grooms get ready, the massive windows, elegant chandeliers, pretty porches and beautiful grounds outside. I love doing engagement and bridal portraits here as well – Amanda chose the Inn for her bridal portraits last summer.
- Magnolia Gardens (Barn frontage available too) – Indoor/Outdoor Wedding Venue – Springdale, AR Named for the amazing Magnolia trees gracing this property, the team at Magnolia Gardens have done a stunning job creating indoor spaces with full walls of windows and gorgeous light, and beautiful outdoor spaces including a picturesque wisteria arbor, a magnolia grove, and beautiful landscaped vignettes for a stunning variety of photos. They even have a beautiful swing in the magnolia grove – one of my favorite special touches! I was lucky enough to put together a gorgeous styled shoot at this unique location.
NORTHWEST ARKANSAS WEDDING VENUES – BARNS
- Pratt Place Inn & Barn (Inn available as well) – Indoor/Outdoor Wedding Venue – Fayetteville, AR Pratt Place’s gorgeous red barn is what I would consider to be the most popular barn wedding venue in Northwest Arkansas. The two-story barn with a loft for more seating and party space takes your breath away when the doors open and you see it in all it’s glory. There are also several local wedding coordinators that have the amazing talent of ‘flipping’ the barn between the ceremony space, and then into a whole new reception space…all while your guests enjoy happy hour on the outdoor patio. Pretty amazing stuff! Pratt Place also offers their Inn, a pristine 1890’s home (the Inn) on the property that has a pretty little patio that is great for your ceremony, as well as indoor spaces for receptions, and some really beautifully appointed suites upstairs that are perfect for the bride and groom to get ready in. Kelsey + Cory’s Pratt Place Wedding as well as Gina + Stephen’s Pratt Place Barn Wedding are two of my favorites that I’ve shot there.
- Barn at the Springs Indoor/Outdoor Barn Wedding Venue – Springdale, AR – Barn at the Springs is what I would consider to be a classic barn venue, with multiple options for outdoor and indoor ceremonies and receptions. It’s chock full of vintage items (including a stagecoach and a beautiful classic farm truck) and will absolutely charm your socks off! I absoloutely adored shooting Chloe’ + Jason’s wedding there early last year – truly a beautiful property with lots of gorgeous photo spots.
- Sassafras Springs Vineyard Indoor/Outdoor Barn Wedding Venue – Springdale, AR – Sassafras Springs Vineyard offers a beautiful variety of rustic green areas, a stream, and even a young vineyard for photos. But what sets this barn venue apart from all of the others is the chapel ruins that grace the property. Imageine getting married in this romantic, open-air chapel. The weddings that I’ve shot here have been truly stunning, and the barn (and great patio with cafe lights) is a great reception location.
- Kindred Barn Indoor/Outdoor Barn Wedding Venue – River Valley, AR – And I’ve saved the best for last! Kindred Barn is easily my most favorite and truly stylish barn venue in Northwest Arkansas. Located in the River Valley, this bright white space is the ultimate in modern rustic style.
* Christy Hendrick, of Simply Bliss Photography, is a creative wedding photographer, engagement photographer and portrait photographer in Northwest Arkansas who specializes in wedding and engagement photography. Christy is known for unique, timeless wedding photography in Northwest Arkansas and currently lives in Rogers. Christy is also a well-known wedding photographer in San Diego, CA as well and loves shooting coastal weddings whenever she can. Christy is currently booking 2016 and 2017 Weddings in Fayetteville, Bentonville, Siloam Springs, Rogers, Springdale, Eureka Springs and all of NWA as well as San Diego, CA, St. Louis, MO, New York City, and beyond. She is available for wedding work nationwide and internationally.